Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday [2]

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at Broke and Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Ten authors I've only read once but NEED to read more:


I only recently read this book and I already want to read it again and also read her previous book. This book was so strong and I've been told the first one may be even better. I'm not sure it is possible to be better than this, but if it is then I need it in my life RIGHT NOW. It took me nearly a year to finally read this book and I regret waiting that long to read it. It's seriously awesome. I recommend it to everyone. 



Seriously though, how did it take me this long to read Agatha Christie? This book made me create a shelf on Goodreads "5 stars is not enough" I can't stop talking about this book. It was a wild ride and I'm still in shock from it. I loved this book and everything about it. I can see why it's still a HUGE book decades after it was first published. I can't wait to get my hands on another book because if her other books are half this good, then I can see why she's so famous.


This book ruined my life. It made me laugh. It made me smile. It made me cry until I felt like I was running out of tears. This book made me FEEL so much. It was beautifully written and I can't wait to read another book. She just came out with another book and I need to read it really soon. I am so glad that I gave this one a try because it lived up to the hype. I hope that the other books by Jandy Nelson are this good.



I have three of her books but never seem to read them. I loved this book. It was fun. It was light. But it was also sad and happy and interesting. I felt invested in every character. I want so badly to pick up another book by her but other books get in the way and I keep saying "okay I'm going to read this book next" and then I go to the library and decide to read those books first. I WILL read another book by Jennifer Weiner by the end of the year. Someone hold me to it.


I've tried to read another book by her but I was in a slump and couldn't get into it. But this one was SO good. It was her first stand alone novel and I was shocked that it was her first. I personally think there are certain authors that just need to do all stand alones and there are some authors that need to do only series. I've heard nothing but great things about her series' but this book was also fantastic, so maybe she's an author that can pull off both and succeed. As much as I wish this was a series, it went really well as a stand alone. I WILL read another book by Slaughter by the end of the year as well.


Any author that can write a book like this and write it well enough for me to actually enjoy it, then I must read something else by them. I'm not sure what drew me to this book. I remember being at the library and picking it up and going "is this.... is this a real book?" and so I HAD to read it. For science or something. And weirdly, I actually liked this book. It was really well written. Nutting is very talented. I'm not sure if she actually has any other books, but if she does, I would definitely read it.


This book was heartbreaking. It was sad and scary and so realistic. I think that's what I liked about it most. It was real. It felt real. Never once did I feel like it was made up. I've read two non fiction books about kidnappings and this one was as real as those. It's almost scary how good this was. I NEED to read another book by Donoghue. As soon.


I actually wasn't a huge fan of this book. It was fun but it was a little strange. The more I think about it though, the more I think it was actually really clever and fun. Months after reading this book, I found out that it's part of an animal mystery series. There is a duck book. I need the duck book. If I find another book by her, I'll definitely pick it up. I'm hoping they are all as funny as this one was.


I am done after eight authors. After going through my read books, I've found out that I read a lot of books from the same authors. I've read three Janet Evanovich books THIS MONTH. So that should tell you something about how often I stray away from authors I like. Hint: not often.

I would like to make an honorable mention, though.


I'm reading this right now. It wouldn't be fair to put it on the list if I haven't officially read the book. But from what I've read so far, I would put it on the list if I had already finished it. I'm already sucked into the book and can't wait to find out what happened. I can see why Tana French is so popular. 


SO, have you read any of these authors? Have you read any of the books I read? Any recommendations for these authors?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my content and respond to it! I will get back to you as soon as I can. Happy reading!