Saturday, September 20, 2014

Favourite Place to Read

BOOKISH DISCUSSIONS
If I had to think of the one place where I just get into the zone of reading, what do I think of? Do I think of Sunday mornings with a cup of coffee? Do I think of Friday nights when I know I have the whole weekend ahead of me to do nothing but read? Do I think of long car rides across Michigan? Or do I think of the chair in the living room?

The surprising answer is in the car. I love reading in the car. If I'm going on a long trip, I'll take a few books with me and just read in the car while listening to music. 

I don't have my license so anytime I'm in the car, I'm not driving. I am free to read as much or as little as I want. I usually read in the car no matter where I'm going, even if it's just a trip to the store in the middle of the night. 

I don't get car sick so looking down at my book does not affect me the way it affects some other people. I could sit in a car for 6 hours and read the whole time and not feel queasy once. It's a great skill and I'm glad that I have it.

I just love reading in the car. I used to live 2.5 hours away from my boyfriend so the trip would get very tiring, especially if I was running on little sleep. To keep myself awake, I would talk to him and read. Now that I am living here, I'm not going on long car rides anymore but I do still read in the car.

I am really glad that I have the ability to read in the car as much as I can. I know not everyone can. So, what is your favourite place to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my content and respond to it! I will get back to you as soon as I can. Happy reading!