Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Rewind: January Favourite

I had a book blog before I had this one. I made monthly "favourite" posts talking about which books I liked the best. I still do something like that, but it is a little different. I am slowly going to be bringing over a few of my favourite posts, plus my monthly favourite posts so I can make a big post at the end of the year about my favourite books.

Books read: 9

Every month, I am going to post my favourite book I read that month. Since I just started this blog, I was unable to make one for January, so I will do it before the February one in a few days.

My favourite book I read in January was Along Came a Spider by James Patterson.

Along Came a Spider is the first book in the Alex Cross series. This series started out intense and emotional. It had the ability to pull any reader in within the first few pages and it definitely did that with me.

Alex Cross is a black detective and psychologist living in Washington DC. He’s a strong person and a very lovable father. I already love Alex and I’m only two books into the series. I would recommend this book, and this whole series, to anyone that likes mystery, thriller, and crime novels because you won’t regret it.

Fortunately for me, January was a great reading month. Looking through the books I read, I can’t say I disliked any of them. I wasn’t completely thrilled with The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides, but a few days of reflecting on it, I really began to love it.


Honorable mentions: The Narrows by Michael Connelly | 3rd Degree by James Patterson | Something Blue by Emily Giffin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my content and respond to it! I will get back to you as soon as I can. Happy reading!