Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday [1]

Technically, this is not my first Top Ten Tuesday, but I am starting clean on it. I'm going to try to do this on a regular basis again. Anyway, Top Ten Tuesday was created and hosted by Broke & Bookish. It's simple: they give you the topic and you write down your top ten things in x topic. There is also no obligation to do a full ten if you just can't think of ten. It's fun, it's (sometimes) easy and it's a great way to find new books from other bloggers and a great way to find other bloggers!
This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Want To Read But Don't Own Yet
Some of these are older and I just haven't found them at the library or the used book store and some are new and I don't have money to pay for them. They are also in no particular order. Just books I really want to read.
Thoughts:
Landline by Rainbow Rowell- This has been on my radar for a few months. It came out in July 2014 and I haven't had the money for it. But! I won a giveaway last week and this was the book that I picked so it is en route to my house. Technically, I could take this off the list since I ""own"" it, but I don't trust the mail system and will only believe it when I have it in my hands.
I am Zlatan by Zlatan Ibrahimovic- Zlatan is everything. Seriously. He's kind of an asshole but he's also supportive and funny and seems like a good person. He's just Zlatan and there is no way to explain him otherwise. When I found out that Zlatan was writing a book, I needed it. Unfortunately I haven't gotten it yet. (Published June 2014) Technically, this book was published in 2011 I believe but it was translated from Swedish to English and published this year. I will probably cry when I finally get this because I love Zlatan.
Manson by Jeff Guinn- It's true. I like true crime and I am interested in serial killers. It's weird and I don't like to think about it too much. This book is actually first on my "to-read" list on Goodreads. I've wanted to it read it for years now and just haven't found it yet. Maybe I'll look at the library tomorrow. This isn't the only book about Manson on my list, either. (Published: August 2013)
Columbine by Dave Cullen- Everyone knows about Columbine. Truthfully, I don't know a whole lot about it other than it was one of the biggest American tragedies to happen. This has been on my radar for a long time and I just haven't taken the initiative to find it. I may also have to look for this one at the library tomorrow. I have looked for it at bookstores but haven't found it yet. (Published: April 2009)
Top Secret Twenty-One by Janet Evanovich- Really this one doesn't have to be on my list because I haven't read the rest of the books up until this point. I could fill out the rest of the list with just Janet Evanovich books because I don't own 16, 17, 19, or 20 either. We'll let that slide. This has been one of the books I've been most excited for this year. I love Janet Evanovich and can't wait to read the rest of the series. (Published: June 2014)
Rumble by Ellen Hopkins- I saw this book at Meijer a few days ago and I literally pet the book and picked it up and hugged it. The cover is BEAUTIFUL. The story is just as heartbreaking as her other ones. It's the same amazing prose that she's used in the rest of her books. I nearly cried when I saw it. Unfortunately, I didn't have money and couldn't buy it. I tried to hint at my boyfriend (ALSO IF YOU READ THIS HERE IS ANOTHER HINT) I want this book for my birthday or just as a "hi I got you this book because you were emotionally invested in this book before you even read it" type of thing. I'm so excited for this book. I don't know when I'm going to get it, but I do know that I'm going to love it. (Published: August 26 2014) As I'm writing this, it's 6 days early so Meijer had it early and I might have missed my chance but THAT COVER
Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi- Technically this book is about 100 feet away from me. I could start reading this in 15 seconds. But that's my boyfriend's mom's copy and I don't want to steal her book. She's the one that told me about this book and I'm interested in learning more about Manson, so I want to read this book. Maybe I'll borrow her copy at some point but I would like my own copy as well.
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie- I know, I like mystery and haven't read any Christie. It's weird. I feel wrong. BUT this book is at the library waiting for me to pick it up. I actually had it a few weeks ago but had to return it without reading it, so I ordered another one right away. I have heard so many good things about this book and I'm so excited to read it. 
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins- I recently read Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door. I loved everything about Stephanie's writing, her character development, and everything else about her books. So obviously I'm excited to read Isla. Since it just came out and it's a month before my birthday, I'm not allowed to buy anything including this book. It was on my birthday list so hopefully someone gets it for me. I can't wait to be bad into the world of Stephanie Perkins.
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover- Only a few months ago I had no idea who Colleen Hoover was. Now I have read four of her books, one of them twice, and have another one on hold at the library. Ugly Love seems to be just as good as the others and I can't wait to get this one. I don't have it on my birthday list so if I get money for my birthday I will definitely be buying it for myself. I need this book in my life, like yesterday.

So that is my top 10. What's on yours? Have you read any of these books? Are you excited for any of these as well? Share your thoughts! 

15 comments:

  1. ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER! I got that...last week, I think, but I need to find the time to read it! Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing it all over Tumblr and Twitter and I am so jealous of everyone that has already read it. Thanks for coming over! Happy reading :)

      Delete
  2. I've recently purchased Isla and the Happily Ever After and Ugly Love and I'm really looking forward to reading them. I hope you enjoy them too when you get around to them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous! I'm on a book buying ban since it's a month before my birthday so I haven't been able to get either of them. I hope you like them! Have you read any of Colleen Hoover's other books?

      Delete
  3. Columbine is an excellent read. Well researched and well written.

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've heard! I am excited to read it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. We definitely need CoHo in our lives. And Ugly Love made me ugly cry. And I definitely need to go pick up a copy of Landline for myself!

    Great haul!

    (Or should I say non-haul?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My copy of Landline showed up today! I do need more CoHo. Like right now

      Delete
  5. Definitely rumble. The books I've read by ellen hopkins I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'd say Burned and Identical were my favourite. What about you?

      Delete
  6. You NEED Stephanie Perkins in your life. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you read any other Colleen Hoover books? Ugly Love is such a pretty cover and it seems promising. I can't wait for Isla. Probably in the top 3 of most excited. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Isla and Landline, but I haven't read them yet. I hope you get to read some of them!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Landline came in the mail today so I have it too! I hope you like them, when you get around to reading them :)

      Delete
  9. I actually haven't read any. Haha. Hence the need to jump on this bandwagon before I miss it. I really do love Ugly Love's cover. Isla's definitely in my top four books I'm dying to buy and read.

    You're welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my content and respond to it! I will get back to you as soon as I can. Happy reading!