Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My Reading Quirks

When I talk to other readers, many of them tell me that they just sit down at the end of the day and read as much as they can. This especially works for people that are busy during the day. Since I don't work right now, volunteer one day a week, and do school online- I have all the hours in the day to read. (Unfortunately, 10 of them are spent sleeping). So this is just a list of things that I, personally, do as a reader.
  • I will randomly pick up a book and just read a few pages of it and then set it down and read the book I already have been reading
-A few days ago I decided I was going to read "10th Anniversary" by James Patterson but I went upstairs and grabbed "Confessions of a Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella and just sat down and read 13 pages. Do I know why? No idea. I just picked up the book and started reading it. I've also been known to be reading two books at once and then add a third and leave the other two alone until I finish the third and then I'll go back to the first two.
  • I hate read.
-I KNOW I could spend my time reading a book that I'm going to love, but instead I spend seven hours reading a book knowing that I'm going to hate it. I usually live-blog it on Tumblr so other people have to deal with it as well. I've always done this. Whether it be books, articles, or comments on the internet. I am naturally drawn towards something that is going to annoy/anger me.
  • I love using scrap pieces of paper, receipts, and sometimes even (unused) napkins as bookmarks.
-I do own a few bookmarks, but most of the time it's a receipt or a scrap piece of paper. Since a lot of books I've been reading lately have been library books that were on hold, most bookmarks are my hold slip from the library. Bookmarks are cute but I use them for show mostly. If I'm sitting at home and have to set my book down, I'm going to just use whatever is around. 
  • Even though I have tons of books that I own, I am addicted to the library.
-I'm not sure if it's because I volunteer there once a week so I can easily go there to get books, but I have been getting so many library books and leaving my teetering stack of already owned tbr books alone. I've read 14 books this month. I owned 3 of those. Technically only two because the other book is the boyfriend's book. The rest were library books or books I borrowed from someone else. 
So that's my reading quirks. Do you have any of these? Do you have any interesting ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my content and respond to it! I will get back to you as soon as I can. Happy reading!